About Me

My photo
Cintruenigo, Navarra, Spain
-I'm NOT a blogger. This isn't meant to intrigue your mind, to get feedback from ppl i don't know, to talk about meaningless popculture and mediocre lifestyles in an attempt to seem deep. THIS is a life recollection of my 3 month vay-cay in Spain before I sell my soul to corporate America (figuratively of course). It's main points are to keep the ppl who care updated on my adventures and shenanigans and give the American Consulate a starting point should I disappear- Enjoy.

Monday, April 4, 2011

Day 65

.Ya Es Primavera.

I'm so pumped its spring I can't even stand it. The last post i put a picture of me in my shorts! What a great day that was.. that is until I went outside. I might need to save those for home because the looks I was getting from the locals did NOT scream, "hey girl, you enjoy the spring girrrrl"... no no. it was more like "hey girl, what can you do for 20€?" #rude. Just admire my stems and move on, sir. Thank you.

BUT ANYWAY. I decided to honor my shorts-wearing ness with a trip to a nearby salon for a mani and pedi so I could bust out the sandals to match. WELL let me just say that as many things that Spain might due better than the US, narcism is highest, American style. I don't think any other country cares more about how they look on a daily than we do. So when I went to the salon for some pampering, I was a bit more than disappointed.

Wait. Back-up. i won't blame the country of Spain for one woman's lack of skill or hygiene. That's not fair but Julie from the Nail Club on Lawrenceville-Suwanee got me spoiled so I'm sorry booboo, expectations were high. I blame myself. I shoulda known better. When I saw the woman, her stubby, less than clean nails should have been the first give-away. But I was there with a friend so i figured, hey, i'm already here, lets give her a chance.

shame shame. i might have been her first manicure. there was no massage chair... Umm, excuse me? THEN then all her tools looked all used (and i mean personally..like from her house) and like they came from a kit from WalGreens.. AND THEN when she brought out the assortment of colors, them thangs looked like they came from the bargain bin section of the beauty supply store! all 9 of them. No OPI or ChinaGlaze in sight.. shame shame. and don't even get me started on the paint job..

Needless to say, she never got to my toes. No No booboo. less than professional.. less than apprentice-type service.

Moving on. The rest of the weekend was highly spring-tastic. I started at the street fair, which they have every Saturday chock-full of local fruits, veggies and random items of clothing and whatnot. It was quite entertaining. I went with Amanda and she and I enjoyed the local entertainment the people constantly provide without even trying. Who doesn't love people watching??


THen, Eva's brother celebrated his birthday this weekend so we carried on to their "clubhouse"-type spot to lunch and pool time. Shorts and bikini in the same weekend?! #BI-WINNING.


Man they love their paella because we had that, yet again. But hey, no complaints. It was Bomb, yet again. And after an afternoon of sunbathing and indoor pooling and coolin in the sauna (to finally rid myself of this dang cold) I prepped for the night. It was pretty chill. Dinner with some friends and a few drinks out enjoying the night. I was home by 1:30. Nothing spectacular yet still a good night.

You know those lottery machine that they have in random bars and airports that nobody wins.. yea, they won! well 40€ but free money is free money!
....................

Today at the school people kept reminding me how little time i have left here.. 3 weeks! tear! I can't believe I'm so close to the end. SAD FACE. I just started getting the hang of this place! I'm just starting to NOT want to serve my 7yr old with a round-house kick to face! It can't be time alreadyyy... Eva's got me screening emails for new au pairs. She says she wants one 'just like me'.. aw Eva. best believe, I'll be back at some point to kick it with them soon. Hopefully next September for the festivalss..

and poor Amanda.. stuck here with Crazzzyy Ana by herself. Po thang. hopefully they will have replaced me in time so she has a buddy.

BUT in the mean time, I'm compiling the many pictures from my time here and making a schnazzy little book/gift for them so they can remember me. I think they'll like it. I hope so, idk what else to give haha. but they've been so good to me. Its the least i can do right??

Weeeelllll thats all i have for you now. Till next time,

Peace.love.and rockets.

.autumn.

No comments:

Post a Comment