About Me

My photo
Cintruenigo, Navarra, Spain
-I'm NOT a blogger. This isn't meant to intrigue your mind, to get feedback from ppl i don't know, to talk about meaningless popculture and mediocre lifestyles in an attempt to seem deep. THIS is a life recollection of my 3 month vay-cay in Spain before I sell my soul to corporate America (figuratively of course). It's main points are to keep the ppl who care updated on my adventures and shenanigans and give the American Consulate a starting point should I disappear- Enjoy.

Friday, April 22, 2011

Day 82

.Viva Barcelona.

I was supposed to post this on Monday.. but things have been a bit cracray preparing for my departure. Anywaayyyss, I had to post about my weekend in Barcelona because it was fannnnntastic.

We saw most of the things your supposed to see while there but considering we were only there for a weekend, I think we did pretty darn good.

We started with a dinner on the dock.

After dinner they wanted to out.. I'm thinking "a night out in beautiful Barcelona?! I'm down!" but by out they meant bingo... which is apparently big business out here. O_o right... my thoughts exactly but I (like an idiot) forgot my passport at the house so OF COURSE I couldn't get in (newsflash for all you traveling abroad: your license means squat) so half the group accompanied me to a bar for drinks and kickin it.. it was ok but man the other group came out with over 300€ so maybe i did miss out.. oh well.

we kept it a semi-early night because we had super major festivities going down on Saturday so we retreated to our lovely, view of the ocean/beach of a hotel and crashed for the night.
Now Saturday was the Ultimate Workout. We must have walked the whole city!

We started with the Sagrada Familia, of course. My family showed out. Not only did they get their tickets in advance so we didnt have to stand in line that was wrapped alllll the way around the block BUT they also sprung for the tickets for us to go upstairs to really check out Gaudi's (the famous architects) work.



So then after like 2 hours of touring the building we took a foot tour of the city. Here are some of our adventures:



So after much walking and eating and walking.. we ended the day with the Barcelona vs Madrid fútbol match...which we tied.. thank god.

Then Sunday we toured the Barcelona fútbol team stadium.. Now my family BREATHES Barcelona fútbol so this was a big deal.. take a gander:

I even scored some swag myself:
(david villa is an actual player.. but i'm American, i'm too narcissistic for that haha so of course i got my own name)

So overall.. SUPER great weekend. man oh man. what a city. i loved every minute of it.

For more pictures, visit (http://s1188.photobucket.com/albums/z404/AutumnHowardUGA/Spain/Trip%20to%20Barcelona)

Well thats all I got for ya'll as of now. I have about 2 more posts left for you guys before I head back so stay tuned.

See ya'll Monday! AHH!

.peace.love.and rockets.

.autumn.

No comments:

Post a Comment