About Me

My photo
Cintruenigo, Navarra, Spain
-I'm NOT a blogger. This isn't meant to intrigue your mind, to get feedback from ppl i don't know, to talk about meaningless popculture and mediocre lifestyles in an attempt to seem deep. THIS is a life recollection of my 3 month vay-cay in Spain before I sell my soul to corporate America (figuratively of course). It's main points are to keep the ppl who care updated on my adventures and shenanigans and give the American Consulate a starting point should I disappear- Enjoy.

Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Day 81

.Saying Goodbye.

We have now approached Semana Santa, which for all those Non-Catholics out there (including myself) means that the kids are out of school from Thursday to next next Monday. Thats 11 days of holiday. Basically its the equivalent of spring break but they get out in the middle of the week AND its named to celebrate Easter, more or less. So since i'm leaving Monday that means Today was my last day waking up at 7:30am, my last day struggling to wake, dress, and feed my 7yr old, my last day walking him to school, AND my last week in the school.

I wish i could say i was sad. I wish i could say that I will miss the kids.. but i'd hate to lie to you all. I will tell you that I will miss all the kids yelling "hello Oton!" down the street. That kind of attention is sketchy back home but here, its love.

Now. the kids made sure to take full advantage of me leaving and somehow talked their teachers into throwing me a lil shindig. Take a gander:
Professor Autumn "luh da kids"

"You! sit still." "You! look forward!" "Stop touching her!" "Get your finger out your nose!"

"Stop fighting!" "Oh forget it, this'll do..."

I even got gifts! but if you thought this is was highlight of the day.. you aint seen nothing yet lol... please click the links below:

Thats right! Ya girl got front row performances from the 1st grade. Be jealous.
........

Then the 4th grade teacher gave me a book of poetry the students wrote.... in English... well, bad English but they tried lol. I should take some of the blame. I suggested the poetry week. I thought the rhyming would help. but no. haha. no it didn't. here's a lil taste:


so yes. good week indeed. i'll miss the provided entertainment they gave me on a bi-weekly basis. haha

Alright people. time to get some last minute bonding in with the family. Barcelona vs. Madrid soccer match tonight for the King Cup!

5 days left!

.peace.love.and rockets.

.autumn.

No comments:

Post a Comment