About Me

My photo
Cintruenigo, Navarra, Spain
-I'm NOT a blogger. This isn't meant to intrigue your mind, to get feedback from ppl i don't know, to talk about meaningless popculture and mediocre lifestyles in an attempt to seem deep. THIS is a life recollection of my 3 month vay-cay in Spain before I sell my soul to corporate America (figuratively of course). It's main points are to keep the ppl who care updated on my adventures and shenanigans and give the American Consulate a starting point should I disappear- Enjoy.

Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Day 30

long time, no post.

forgive my neglect! Time has flown by! I've been here a whole month! it's MARCH already?! crazy. well, I won't waste time on formalities. Lets get straight to business:

Thursday

Thursday I went to school like most every other week. You'll be pleased to kow the 1st AND 2nd grade are doing a project on me to practice their English haha.. it is so funny because they've made these "murals" on the foods, colors, hobbies, family members, and Atlanta.




if you look very closely, the little boy on the end had a tuft of hair missing. I literally watched him cut a chunk of hair out his head.. i tried to stop him.. smh, whats done is . the teacher was like "oh well" haha.. i forgot how funny first grade is..

OH, so i forgot to email the teacher a picture of my family. so this is what she put together.. haha.. i only have myself to blame
The caption read "my family looks like this" and the kids picked the family (from an Asian family, Hispanic family, the Obamas, and the Kyles, from tv) that "looks" like mine haha.. guess who's supposed to be mine? no, i didnt get the Obamas.. I got the Kyles from "My Wife and Kids" LOL. i can only blame myself lol

I spend the rest of the day with the 3rd grades, cutting fruit and playing a game where they talk about the fruit they like, in English, and we had blindfolded tasted tests at the end where they had to identify the fruit in English. This started off all well and good till the end when we started giving away the rest of the fruit. I swear i got jumped by 3rd graders for some kiwi.. you would thought it was money the way they ambushed me! man, they are lucky i was in a good mood or somebody would've got bowed in the forehead!

Friday

I finally made it to Pamplona. It's the nearest bigger-ish city here. I absolutely loved it. My buddy Paz had an interview there so she took me with her to tour the city. It was about an hour away so when we got there, she dropped me off at El Corte Ingles while she was at her interview. What is El Corte Ingles you ask? WELL, it is a Macys meets a Sports Authority with a dash of Kroger.. so yes, its a mega super-store of everything you'd ever need. This one had 7 floors! and they say thats the small one..


After her interview, we met up and ran around the city trying on clothes, drinking coffee, and eating chocolate. it was magnificent. the weather was fab and I even ran into some Americans! Paz took me to this great little hole in the wall bakery (i've come to learn that anything that looks like it should be shut down due to a health code violation usually has the best whatever its selling, this placed served to prove my hypothesis true). And its conveniently located in the alley where the bulls run in July! cray-cray right! i was there! she took me to the monument so i could get a picture with the bulls. Great day indeed

a bit of Pamplona..

The most bangin bakery..

Americans we met at the bakery!

my new buddy, Paz. Isn't she the cutest?!
Mmm...chocolates and cafe (coffee)!

I ran with the Bulls haha

Saturday

I was looking forward to Satuday allllll week because we were going to San Sebastian (google it)! I have been hearing about this wonderful city on the beach just south of France for weeks and couldn't wait to see it! The weatherman said Sun and warmness for that day so i def could barely sleep the night before..

WELL. first, the weather is liar.

It rained. and not only it rain, it was freeeezing.. and i was wearing canvas sneakers. you know what happens with canvas sneakers and rain? pneumonia thats what because my feet were soaked and freezing in minutes.. i was immediately cranky. but Eva, being the saint of a woman that she is, found me a shoe store and I bought some boots for the low low. Its funny how instantly your mood can change with the right shoes lol.. We visited the cathedral there, the famous hotel that Julia Roberts, Richard Gere, William Defoe, etc have stayed in.. and let me say it had swank on swank on swank. i mean fancy schmanciest hotel i've ever seen and we had coffee there. i felt like hot stuff! Afterwards we went bar hopping with her friends for pinxtos (spanish appetizers) and drinks. Pinxtos are huge here. The people just go from bar to bar eating and drinking till youre not hungry anymore! its great (especially with nice weather)! but can get quite pricey (but i wasnt paying so bottoms up! haha).

So with the rain and the dreary fog, we still managed to have great fun. Here are some pictures:

arial view: San Sebastian

The crew, with Jorge missing (he's behind the camera)

The fancy Schmancy hotel

all wet but still smiling..

I'll take the wine, thank you
look what i finally found..

Ok. thats all worth reporting on.. After a month, my spanish still sucks but I am hard core considering coming back for a season. These people are hardcore trying to recruit me here and i'm not fighting it haha..

its nice to know I will always have a family here. i have fallen in love with these people and taking so much from this experience.

Mi vida es mejor aqui.. si solamente para un estacion.

till next time (and it wont be so long this time!)

peace.love.and rockets.

.autumn.

No comments:

Post a Comment