About Me

My photo
Cintruenigo, Navarra, Spain
-I'm NOT a blogger. This isn't meant to intrigue your mind, to get feedback from ppl i don't know, to talk about meaningless popculture and mediocre lifestyles in an attempt to seem deep. THIS is a life recollection of my 3 month vay-cay in Spain before I sell my soul to corporate America (figuratively of course). It's main points are to keep the ppl who care updated on my adventures and shenanigans and give the American Consulate a starting point should I disappear- Enjoy.

Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Day 39

.Weekday Recap.

Ismael had Monday and Tuesday off from school so now that he's back, I'm finally able to recollect on the past few days for my many fans (all 3 of you lol).

We'll start with the weekend, which was superfantastic. The family and I spent it in the mountains (the Pyrenees to be exact, which border Spain and France) at a rural house, much like a cabin, with 3 other couples. I didn't know what to expect. I'm def not the wilderness type and was more afraid of seeing bear or something.

But seriously. We were in some legit mountains. Like some "Over the river and through the woods to grandmothers house we go..." type ish.


then we arrived to Villanueva de Aezkoa.. our town of 60ish


and our rural house

i even got my own room.. i told them i could sleep on the couch and she told me to stop being foolish.. haha.. whatever you say


and the group:
The lady right beside me with the little girl au par'ed in like 3 countries. she speaks 4 languages.. Um Hello, you're my hero? ok, yes

ok. then the fun began. We went hiking and sledding and trekking and everything in the forest, Selve de Irati, to be exact and It was the 2nd biggest forest in Europe for all you random fact lovers.. we also had to cook everything. It was quite rustic.. for me anyway. I'm a city girl, cut me some slack. Friday night we kept it simple.. but saturday... whoo, see for yourself

I first want to draw your attention to the sign...Now you dont need to speak spanish to translate.. but apparently to them it means: "Go ahead and explore. No danger here."



BEAR PRINT!
(ok.. i don't actually know if is a bear but thats my story and I'm sticking to it)
I guess it was worth the danger.

Wilderness: one.. small step for Autumn, One giant leap for black ppl

then we went sledding:

i had some trouble haha..

THen they wanted to go to the nearest town for some goat cheese.. talk about fresh
Oh yeah.. that looks sanitary..

Vat of goat cheese (it was really good btw) and we found mountain folk! haha. (no offense to any folks from the mountains reading this)

OK. then it was lunch time. Paella.. mm yeah

they wanted to document me helping.. haha

and the finished product:
and yes. it was as good as it looks

then some quality time with the Kareoke:


then we finally called it a night.
...........

As for Sunday, we spent the afternoon in France. Yes! I went to France. and It was fabulous. We traveled 'round and 'round the mountains to St. Jean Peid de Port. it pretty much looked like Spain, but in French. but just fabulous nonetheless

how many ppl rememberd Pinnochio was French? one of my fave Disney movies ever
Somebody wakes up to this everyday.. Can we say jealous?!

classic group shot..

for ALL the pictures:
http://s1188.photobucket.com/albums/z404/AutumnHowardUGA/Spain/
and look through the sub-albums :)

In a nutshell, i had the best time. Since it was carnival this weekend, and i missed it for the mountains, my new buddies and I are making up for it by spending this next weekend in Madrid.. FINALLY

Super pumped to spend a weekend on my own. Ismael had Monday and Tuesday off from school for the holiday and if he cousins didn't live across the street, I wouldn't have made it out alive! I don't know how daycares do it. I just don't know. I was so excited to set my alarm this morning to send him off and what did i do... oversleep. smh. so sad

but i managed to get him to school. we were a bit late but we made it. i woke up at 9 (which is when school starts) and managed to get him there by 9:17. shocked myself on that one lol.

Either way. I am thoroughly enjoying everyday here..even the boy.

thats all for now.

till next time.

peace.love.and rockets.

.autumn.

1 comment:

  1. autumnnnn!! i miss you & i'm glad you're enjoying your trip so far :))

    your blog is the ish btw! almost motivates me to update mine.. (but not quite lmao) miss youuuu

    -Ro Ro

    ReplyDelete