About Me

My photo
Cintruenigo, Navarra, Spain
-I'm NOT a blogger. This isn't meant to intrigue your mind, to get feedback from ppl i don't know, to talk about meaningless popculture and mediocre lifestyles in an attempt to seem deep. THIS is a life recollection of my 3 month vay-cay in Spain before I sell my soul to corporate America (figuratively of course). It's main points are to keep the ppl who care updated on my adventures and shenanigans and give the American Consulate a starting point should I disappear- Enjoy.

Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Day 60

.MIA.

Hey folks.. I know I've been missing in action for quite some time but there hasn't been too much going on here worth blogging about. Everything been very...routine. no strange occurrences, no new cities. just me, the kid, and the people of Cintruenigo.

Some highlights of the past week are:

The New Coffee Machine (660 € = about $900).. yeah, they spent guap but it's soo fly. It more like an espresso/cappuccino machine because coffee here is NOT like coffee at home. its mas fuerte! and this baby's got alllll the bells and whistles. Its legit like a live in Barista. I drink coffee just cuz i can and i feel OH SO european doing it.


The chronic steak i consumed for dinner last Saturday. It all started with some sausages that he couldnt wait to grill outside with the new spring weather. Next thing you know the man went out and bought all the steaks in the city and hosted this big ol' steak dinner shindig with friends and errbody. NO SIDES, just meat... uhh?
Eva was not amused, po thang. She had the longest day. Men are so funny.


And now Jorge.. is sick. Look at him haha.. just like a man. He's so helpless on that couch. Eva told him to go get in the bed... he just rolled over haha. But the not so funny thing is, I think i caught it too :( .. it was only a matter of time. the way he goes around touchin stuff, breathin on stuff, not washing his hands. Thats where the boy gets it from (shaking my head). I asked her where they keep their disinfectant spray and she looked at me like O_0?! saying "what's that? oh no, we don't do that." Say whhaa?? WELL little does she know I know i always keep my handy dandy Lysol pocket spray and hand sanitizer on me always.
tsk tsk, So sad but i am fighting like a champ. i got my nyquil, cough drops, juice, and other American reinforcements. so wish me luck
READY.

...................................

In other news, Tarielle left to go back home today, this morning actually. Sad right?! that was my newest buddy. We were kicking it on a pretty much daily basis But Ana, her host mom, was straight fruit loops crazy. She needed to get out of that house (and thats all i'll say about that!). The funniest part of that whole situation is their new au pair comes...TODAY. THATS right. They're dropping off the old and bringing in the new, in the same day. po kids.. Eva and I plan to sniff her out and give Tarielle the skinny..

Paz and i made her some very lovely parting gifts (and by lovely i mean.. they look like they were made by Ismael.. but we were short on time). I "forgot" to take pics of them to post but because i love my many readers... (haha.. 'many') I have requested she email me pictures of them so i can post for you all to judge me for. Its fine, I'm comfortable with who i am haha.

The past 2 weeks were interestingly difficult as I experienced my first spell of homesickness since I was like 12. I know what you're thinking. Surprised me too!! I missed my American crap-shoot of a diet. I missed being able to text and call ppl whenever I felt like it. I missed Eastern Standard Time. American television in English. Athens, GA. The List Continues.
But i've snapped out of it. I had some much needed convos with some of my favorite people and now i'm back to loving my temporary life here. I have to make the most of my last days.. i'll regret it if i don't. I mean, I am in SPAIN afterall! Can you believe April is here!?

(shoutout to all my april babies. it seems like about 83% of the people I love most were born in April. Good Month)

But thats all i have for you right now. believe it or not.. The sun finally decided to bring spring temperatures to I can finally bust out my shorts, sandals, and swimsuit.

26 days left?! Where'd the time go?!

Ok. Good times to come. More pics to come. More Shenanigans to write about...to come. I hope!

Till then,

peace, love, and rockets.

.autumn.

No comments:

Post a Comment