About Me

My photo
Cintruenigo, Navarra, Spain
-I'm NOT a blogger. This isn't meant to intrigue your mind, to get feedback from ppl i don't know, to talk about meaningless popculture and mediocre lifestyles in an attempt to seem deep. THIS is a life recollection of my 3 month vay-cay in Spain before I sell my soul to corporate America (figuratively of course). It's main points are to keep the ppl who care updated on my adventures and shenanigans and give the American Consulate a starting point should I disappear- Enjoy.

Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Day 45

.Viva Madrid!.

ok. just got up from a 3hr nap (tuesdays are my favorite) and now i'm ready to blog.

Sometimes I wonder when people wake up and decide they want to be parents. Man what a task it is and i'm only the psuedo-nanny! hats off to all the mothers out there. I say mothers because from what i see (in spain anyway) they do most of the work.

I always find it so entertaining when i walk Ismael to school. He always has to have his soccer ball with him, rain or shine, and everyday while i wait for the bell to ring that rallies all the cattle, he and the rest of the little boys run 'round and 'round chasing said ball. its quite entertaining. Now, Ismael has quite the wardrobe (i'm talking gap meets zara) and I always wonder why his mom puts him in the same couple of outfits and coats. I'll tell you why, because he can't come home clean. I swear she stays cleaning stains off everything. What are you doing in that school boy?! no wonder.. smart woman, that Eva..

Anywhoo.. the kids aren't the only one that can dress.. The moms.. Oh they stunt! and I'm not mad at it. I need to step it up because if the moms make time to be fly in the schoolyard... at 23, how dare i come out half-steppin? because its 9am and i dont care, thats why. haha. I say "Go on witya bad self and your 3 inch heeled boots." mine wouldnt fit in my suitcase.. sad day

sad to say i've already picked out my favorite little kids. Since I am now an unpaid employee of the school, I see these kids all the time and ANY TIME they see me outside of school, which is everyday, they all shout "HOLA AOTON!" and make an effort to point me out to their parents. It's cute. Anyway, outside of my own lil pipsqueak, i'd say Iker, Cesar, and Alejandro are my fav lil boys. They are the cutest!! I mean most of these kids are cute but those 3 are totes the cutest. of the girls, I'd say Paula, Lucia, and Ainhoa... and they superhigh voices.. oh it just tickles me. especially when they talk to me in English because its super broken and their accents are super thick... haha, good time.
.....................

you've been waiting for the weekend update. Man, what a weekend it was. Nothing to spectacular to be honest but Madrid is the city for me. Legit. I could look for my studio apartment right now. I loved it that much.

We left Cintruenigo Friday and hopped on the bus for the 4 hour-ride to Madrid (also the cheapest option to Madrid so no complaints)

Tarielle, Paz, and I at the bus station all ready to go!

When we arrived, we got changed and ready to go out for the night: first night: Cats Club

table service? yes please.
Friday night we were out till like 5.. Saturday, I was out with Paz and her friends while Tarielle stayed in.. i decided i didnt like that club and took a cab home....alone. yeah bad idea i know but i was pretty confident i could get there, which i did. the only problem was the cab driver decided he wanted to make sure i got to the right side of the street (aw, thats nice) except, he took me around the back of the building to go around the block.. now at this point, i'm in fight or flight mode.. like whats about to happen? i know you're not about to leave me in this back alley... so i give him this look like 'sir i'll cut you' which is apparently understood worldwide and he reassured me that was taking me around but there were many roadblocks AND that I wasn't being charged for his scenic route. no worries, i got back safe but i won't be trying that again haha...
............

after embracing Madrid the party way, we took to the streets the next morning for a softer, more touristy approach. Here are some of our sights:

Plaza Mayor!
a whole Museum of HAM?! bet! and the street market (yes, i bought your gift)

Ha! we found a KFC in Madrid
all we did was eat and take pictures lol..i lost count of the # of pastries we consumed lol

If was definitely a whirlwind of walking, eating, walking, shopping, shopping, eating, walking, shopping, picture taking, eating.. you get the drift. At Plaza Mayor, I swear was like a trip to the streets of Vegas in the daytime (granted i've never been to vegas but this is my interpretation).. Spiderman, Mickey and Minnie, Spongebob, beggars, dancers, random folks with squeaky voices doing weird performances for money, street vendors of God knows what.. basically a giant freakshow in the middle of the many cafes of people trying to eat.. it was entertaining to say the least.. Everywhere I went I could hear English, French, Italian.. I didnt even have to leave the country to get a taste of the rest of Europe.

When we went to the subway (which is super legit btw, MARTA needs to take a lesson) a man walked up to me and asked me for directions in spanish. i was so honored to be mistaken as a local of the city!! too bad i didnt know anything haha.. all i could do was point him to Paz.



I've already forgotten the names of most of the places we visited.. shame.

All in all, super fun weekend. Although I may have come back with a cold. Tarielle hooked me up with some meds so i've been downing emergen-C, nyquil and dayquil gelcaps, and other vitamins as preventative measures. Ismael will have a field day if I get sick.

We are already looking into the planning of the next few weekends. Tarielle only has 2 weeks left in lieu of certain circumstances of her crazy host family across the street (and when i say crazy i mean legit bipolar, habitually lying, can't trust you type crazy.) I really want to call her out too.. I'm like "who do you think you're fooling?! yeah, we talk. And i know all about your bs." For anonymity purposes, I won't go into detail not will I start any neighborly drama but don't come smiling my way because i won't fake a smile back. SO we must show Tarielle a good time with time she has left.

In further news, I started yoga today. It was hard! but i thoroughly enjoyed minus the part where everything was in spanish lol. i kept peeking with my eyes to make sure i was doing what everyone else is doing. It was on some real natural herb, namaste-type ish but i can dig it. It went something like this in my head as i attempted to translate: "something something breathe.. something something left arm.. something something positive thinking.. something something I'll repeat this in English for our American friend in the back"... great, i can't be incognito anywhere!! lol but either way, i thoroughly enjoyed it...

ok. thats all for now. I pretty much live for the weekends at this point so forgive my posts for lacking in detail. its fine.. i know most of you only come to my page for the pictures anyway. mmhmm, i got ya'll all figured out.

till next time,

peace.love.and rockets.

.autumn

No comments:

Post a Comment