About Me

My photo
Cintruenigo, Navarra, Spain
-I'm NOT a blogger. This isn't meant to intrigue your mind, to get feedback from ppl i don't know, to talk about meaningless popculture and mediocre lifestyles in an attempt to seem deep. THIS is a life recollection of my 3 month vay-cay in Spain before I sell my soul to corporate America (figuratively of course). It's main points are to keep the ppl who care updated on my adventures and shenanigans and give the American Consulate a starting point should I disappear- Enjoy.

Thursday, March 3, 2011

Day 33

.Midweek rant.

Today Ismael just got a new watch so his new thing is telling me what time it is about every 61 seconds. Speaking of time, I am proud to report that i have beat my own personal record by being able to get him out of bed, cleaned, brushed, wiped, combed, and dressed in 17 minutes flat. Take that Nanny911!


Yesterday was particularly hilarious because at practice, he scored 3 goals. Now mind you, he's not very good. He thinks he is but he's really not so Wednesday was a big deal. It was the first time I had actually sat through a practice and mostly it's just kids running around chasing the ball. but every now and then you get a show from a little one who thinks he's Thierry Henry, sliding on the floor doing some kind of kick maneuver, i tell you, hilarious. and don't let one of them score... they run laps shouting "GOALL" as they get jumped on by their teammates.. again, hilarious.
I've included a video for your viewing pleasure to the left and a picture to the right.

................................

Today at school, I did a lot of the same. More talking about myself. You'd think by now they'd know everything right?... yet here I am, everyday talking about the same thing. I did get to sing the hokie pokie and the "head, shoulders, knees, and toes" song with the first graders today, now that was fun.

Here's a clip of some of what the kids are doing to learn English in the second grade:


Today was a role play. from this story.. again, hilarious. She asked me to read the story as well
then had the nerve to say "doesn't she say it strange?" Now, I know she was making a point with my American accent considering they're learning British English, but rude.

and the 3rd grade had an exam... on me?

Look closely.. Questions like:
How old is Autumn?
Whats her fave foor/animal/color/movie?
Whats her mothers name?
Does she have sisters and brothers? etc

THEN they combined all that information to make this!
Its a big banner hanging on the wall of the main hallway with pictures of alllll that information. Notice the picture of me in the middle.... awesoommmmeee haha.

..........................

ok. Random sidenote. So i mentioned that I didn't like bananas but i love banana nut bread. I've learned that you can't make comments like that with these ppl because then they were like "Err? Banana bread? Whats that? you will make it for us, no?" .. wait, what? I said that?

so today is my banana bread baking day. i tried to find the most fool-proof recipe. For all you who know me, you are more than aware of my cooking skills..


The final product:
ok. i didnt actually eat it like this and yes, my hands were clean AND its DELISH! (pats self on the back)

..........................

Oh and for all you wondering about my Spanish improvement, i've upgraded to books! except, they're from the little kids section of the library with colorful pictures and big font lol. don't laugh, i'm trying haha
this is some good stuff! haha

........................

OK for the weekend, we're headed to the rural house in North Navarra.. whats the rural house? you ask? exactly what it sounds like haha. a house in a town of less than 60. So if this is my last post due to me being eaten by a bear, tell my mother I love her.

Lord, help me haha. yet, i'm oddly excited EVEN IF its causing me to miss out on Carnival

NO worries, Pics to come.

Till then,

Peace.love.and rockets.

.autumn.

No comments:

Post a Comment